In protecting against hole-card play on casino card games, there are many different elements that the casino needs to have in place. Among these are:
- A dealing procedure focused on hole-card protection.
- A method of taking cards out of the shuffler that is focused on hole-card protection.
- An ergonomic location for the shuffler so that it is physically easy and natural to protect the hole-card.
- Attention to the burn card and the cut.
- Ongoing reminders to the dealers about hole-card protection. Hopefully, prior to each shift.
- Staff training to underscore which games are especially vulnerable.
- Eyes on the games, especially watching out for “lucky idiots.” This includes the dealer, pit staff and surveillance.
- Ongoing research by at least one team member to keep up to date on advanced advantage play against your games.